Traditions

With the season brings me many memories of family traditions as a child and now also as a parent.

As a kid, we decorated the Christmas tree like many people.  But my mom always saved our childhood ornament creations and they still get hung to this day.  Such a walk down memory lane as I remember the experience of creating it.

With my own kids, I have carried on this same tradition.  I used to long for the look of a perfectly decorated tree with matching ornaments and colors…you know, right out of a magazine.  As time has worn on, however, at this time in my life I have chosen to forgo the look in my head and just let the kids decorate.  We have collected ornaments that tell stories.  The story of the birth of Jesus.  The story of our marriage.  The story of the birth of my boys.  The story of our home.  The story of our personalities and character.  The story of events in our lives.

As I look at my tree this year, preferably in the dark with the tree lights on, I am filled with joy as it holds so many precious memories.  It is beautiful!

 

100_4149 

What about you?  How do you decorate your tree?

Leave a comment and let me know.

Claire

 

New Year, New YOU

{ Inch Loss plan……FREE Consult}

cinch-starter-kit-pic

Komentar