Sesame shrimp with broccoli


I made this sesame shrimp yesterday and while I wanted to post the spinach lasagna recipe first I couldn't. My photos got lost some how and for this recipe I was only able to retrieve 5 pictures. I was SO MAD.......

It frustrates me so much when for no reason pictures get mess up with. I mean I tried everything and while the pictures showed in the camera they didn't transfer to the iphoto program....oh well...I guess you are just going to have to wait until I made the lasagna again :-)

OK enough of my complaining.....this recipe comes from the very culinary blog. While she used it on a crock pot, which I don't have, I just made it conventionally on a nonstick pan and used shrimp and broccoli and it was still really good.

I am sure I could have used chicken as well but I didn't have any on hand. Next time I will though.

The pictures are not that great but I guess I was lucky enough that at least 5 of them where able to be transferred into the iphoto program.

Enjoy!!




It seems like a lot of honey to use for the recipe but you can use 3/4 cups instead if you like. I didn't find the dish too sweet but then again I guess it depends on the person. My family didn't find it sweet.

Ingredients


1 lb medium to large shrimp, I used frozen that I thawed out and patted dry
1 lb fresh broccoli, chopped into small florets, more if you like
1 onion, sliced
1/2 cup honey, you can use 1/4 cup
1/4 cup soy sauce, I used low sodium, gluten free
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
2-3 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 4 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
3 scallions, chopped, optional


In a medium bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, and pepper flakes if using.

In a non stick pan add oil and onion and cook until translucent 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook further for another minute or so.

Add the shrimp and the broccoli and cook for another 1-2 minutes just until warmed through. Add the sauce and corn starch dissolved in water. (I like the broccoli on the crunchy side but you can cook it a bit more if you like).

Stir to combine until sauce has thickened to your liking. I like the sauce rather thick so I use 2-3 teaspoons of cornstarch. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped scallions and serve over brown rice.

Adapted from here

Komentar