Home made Irish cream


Irish cream is one of my ultimate favorite alcoholic drinks. It is up there with Moscato wine and Kahlua....all of them sweet drinks of course :-) so when I came across a home made version of Irish cream I could not resist. I actually made it the first day I saw the recipe.

This recipe could not come at a better time since St Patrick's day is just around the corner. Now, I have researched this recipe and I have seen it all over the place so to be honest I could not know who to credited to.

To keep the calories a bit lighter, not that it matters really with the whiskey and all, I used some soy milk in place for some of the heavy cream. You can stick with the heavy cream all together and if you want a mint Irish cream version just add a few teaspoons of real peppermint extract to the mix.

If you have any questions about the glass containers, well I got them at home goods for $2.99 each, a steal as far as I am concern because these funky bottles are reminiscent of some other ones that are something like $34 just because they are from France.

To be honest I don't care where they come from, the cheaper the better :-)

Anyhow, I hope you try to make this Irish cream because, like I said, I am never buying it again it is that good. I am making it at home from now on.

Enjoy!!





These are some of the glass bottles I got at home goods to be able to store the nut butters, salad dressings and many other goodies I will be making soon. I got them for just $2.99 each :-)


Pretty much this is what you need. If you want to make a mint version just add some peppermint extract to the mix. I will do that next time :-)


I used Jameson whiskey but next time I will use another Irish brand whiskey I found at the store that was cheaper. No need to spend and extra $7 dollars on brand names :-)


Ingredients
Makes about 26-28oz

1 14oz can condense milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup soy milk
1 cup Irish Whiskey, more if you like
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
2 Tablespoons chocolate syrup

Place everything on a blender for 30 seconds or so. Store in a hermetic glass container in the fridge for up to 1 month.

Komentar