Italian Stuffed Cherry Peppers

Italian stuffed cherry peppers are quite a treat, but they are quite pricey to buy, meaning I might have them once or twice a year. After spotting these cherry peppers at the Farmers Market I had the brilliant idea to make my own. I admit after purchasing all of the ingredients, they probably would have been equally expensive to buy pre-made BUT I do have leftover cheese and capocollo for sandwiches or an Italian specialty dish!

You can eat these as is, or bake them at 350 until the cheese melts (similar to a jalepeno popper) for an easy appetizer.

Italian Stuffed Cherry Peppers
Makes 8 Peppers

8 cherry peppers
4 slices of provolone cheese
8 slices of capocollo ham (hot ham)
1/4 cup olive oil

Directions:
1. Cut the stems out of the peppers, and remove the seeds and ribs of the peppers.
2. Roll the cheese and meat together and stuff into the pepper
3. Drizzle with olive oil
4. Enjoy or place in a Mason jar for storage


Komentar