Memorial Day... Goat cheese and olive bruschetta

Happy Memorial Day! Today is a day to honor those who have served our country. Many people celebrate this day with parades and time with loved one… often the day is not complete without a picnic or BBQ.

 I started my day early at work, but am leaving early today to go to a BBQ. I knew I wouldn’t have time to do meal prep today, so I got it done yesterday. This way I can simply enjoy my afternoon. I am bringing an appetizer (Goat Cheese and Olive/Tomato on a baguette), a side dish (Tex-Mex Summer Squash Casserole) and a dessert (Raspberry Blueberry Cheesecake Bars). I am so excited for everyone to try and enjoy! More recipes to come in the next few days… wouldn’t want to overwhelm you!

 

Goat Cheese and Olive Bruschetta on Toasted Baguette

Makes 16 servings


1 tomato, diced

2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes in oil

¼ cup chopped kalamata olives

1 garlic clove, chopped

¼ cup chopped basil (optional)

Pepper, to taste

1 baguette, sliced into thin pieces

2 Tbsp olive oil

4 oz chevre (goat cheese)

 

Directions:

  1. Mix first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Allow to sit for at least 20 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
  2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brush olive oil onto each baguette, and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  3. Spread 1 tsp of goat cheese on each baguette and top with olive/tomato mixture.
  4. Serve immediately.

 

Have a happy and healthy day!

 

 

 

Komentar