Mango Ginger Salmon Stirfry with Peanut Noodles

Pardon me
I have been on a mental vacation. In the beginning of July, I relocated to Winooski, Vermont just north of Burlington. So far it has been a lot of work (all of my free time is going into unpacking and decorating instead of blogging) but I know my boyfriend and I are going to love it! We have spent the last few evenings on the waterfront and beach with our adorable Border Collie/Collie, Willow which has been like a mini get-away. Anyways, I am getting back into the swing of things and plan to start sharing recipes and foodie love again :)

I love salmon.
I especially love it when I can get sustainable salmon on sale. I bought enough to make a simple salmon meal and a salmon chowder (which I have been wanting to make for months). Typically I keep my asian-inspired salmon simple, maybe a splash of maple syrup and some soy sauce, but tonight I went for something new. I had this mango ginger marmalade and thought that would make a great glaze for the salmon.

Quick sides
Stirfry vegetables are quick and delicious to make (think broccoli, carrots, onion, mushrooms, spinach, peppers). Go for frozen or fresh and steam or sauté to desired texture! In the past I have made my peanut sauce, but instead I went to the co-op and opted for my favorite one and drizzled it over the noodles.


Mango Ginger Salmon Stirfry with Peanut Noodles
Serves 4

Salmon:
1 pound salmon, cut into 4 pieces
2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp minced ginger
3 Tbsp mango marmalade or jam
Pepper, to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients except the salmon in a bowl.
3. Place salmon on tin foil, drizzle sauce over pieces of salmon and seal with tin foil.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until center reaches 145 degrees F

Nutrition Facts: 4 oz salmon, 3/4 cup noodles, 1 cup vegetable
440 kcals, 34 g protein, 48 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 10 g fat (1 saturated), 900 mg sodium





Komentar