Turkey Day Sandwich

One of the best sandwich shops in my hometown of Ludlow, VT (Mac's deli turned Java Baba's) makes my all-time favorite sandwich, the Turkey Town. It is essentially Thanksgiving dinner between bread. In my opinion, it can only be served on a nice French bread. I have since moved away and was really craving it this week. The original sandwich is made with roasted turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mayo between your choice of bread. It is simply amazing and enjoyable anytime of the year.

It is not the lowest carb sandwich, but it is a a complete meal on its own. It would be perfect for a recovery meal after a good workout, which is exactly how I treated myself.

 I picked up all the ingredients for it and was not let down. I made a batch of stuffing to serve with roasted chicken and vegetables for dinner one night and used the leftovers for the sandwich. That made the prep super easy and a quick dinner.

Turkey Day Sandwich
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:
1 large baguette, cut into 5" pieces ( 4 pieces)
1 pound of roasted sliced turkey (low sodium) 
1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise 
1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
1 cup prepared stuffing (low sodium)

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
2. Assemble the sandwich by placing 4 slices of turkey on bread. Spread 1/4 cup of stuffing on top. Top with 2 Tbsp cranberry sauce. Spread mayo on bread.
3. Bake for 5-10 minutes to heat thoroughly.

Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich
450 calories, 10 g fat ( 1 g saturated), 68 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein, 680 mg sodium


Komentar